Wednesday 18 May 2011

Vintage


Good Morning a drizzle day today, took my car down for a warrant first thing and walked back!  My exercise for the day.  Now Im keeping my fingers crossed that I dont need new tyres at $200 each.  Still you have to be safe.  Ive made this card for the vintage challenge over at Tickled Pink stamps.  I never colour in brown its just usually black and white so this was a big deal for me.  Not sure if I like the brown, but anyway here it is.  The background is a new technique that they were showcasing over at SCS.  Its a good way of using up scraps and bits, nice effect I though.  The wooden flourish is distressed with crackle paint, and has blue underneath.  Flowers from WOcrafts, ticket and stamp from Whimsey, white bakers twine.  I painted the hearts and tied them with wire for a different effect.  The rest is from my stash.  Hope everyone is having a great day.  Thanks for looking, and do appreciate your comments:-)

3 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, the colours together are gorgeous and you nailed out challenge this week!Thank you so much for joining us this week at TPSChallenges.

    Hugs,
    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid card! I love your embellishments!
    Regan ~ Guest Designer TPSC

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your TPS creations lately are gorgeous, but this one I really like! So b-ful colors and embellishing...
    Thanks for showing us your work at Tickled Pink Stamps :-)
    Hugs Ing

    ReplyDelete